Pizza? Pie? A Pizza Pie? The idea alone conjures up a chorus of OOOOOO’s and AHHHHH’s. Todays winner for most unique sweet is this scrumptious invention. It’s one thing to make something taste good, it’s another thing to make it look amazing at the same time, Bravo!
1 pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
1 tbsp butter, melted
sugar for sprinkling
1/4 cup lemon curd
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
fresh raspberries for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough and curl up edges to make a crust.
2. Brush middle of pizza dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Remove from oven and spread lemon curd on pizza crust. Bake two more minutes.
4. Allow crust to cool slightly. In the meantime, beat together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Once pizza has cooled, spread on top of lemon curd.
5. Spread as many raspberries as you want on top of the mascarpone cheese mixture. Sprinkle entire pizza with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.